A few days ago gaidin.org went down. It's down again and I'm not sure what's going on. I'm not sure Nat knows either. But when it came back last time they had disabled global registers on the server, causing Nat a huge inconvience in most of her design work, and causing me to have to fix gaidin.org. But since we are moving anyway, I'm going to rewrite the database with a bit more administrative interface and linked to our message board. I hope that it all goes well. I've got the database structure all defined. Now it's time to do the forms and displays and admin interface.
I'm not sure how exactly this will work but here's the thought process of creating a Warder Character.
- Sign up for the message board account
- Create a character with the username and password the user signed up with on the message board
- Bio is sent via email to the bio checker and input into the database as pending.
- The bio checker amends and approves the bio and assigns a WS
- An email is sent to the MoT/mentor assigner
- A mentor is assigned
- An email is sent to the mentor and trainee with all pertanent information
- The mentor can then report the trainees advancement
- The MoT can then approve/deny the requirement and the WS advances
- After promotion to TG, the user can report his/her own requirements
- The MaA/Comm can approve/deny the require and the WS advances
There are a few other things I"m sure I'll need to consider as well as lots of error checking. But it should all go well hopefully.