- 1/4 c. fine dry bread crumbs
- 1 Tbs. snipped fresh basil or 3/4 tsp dried basil, crushed
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 1/8 tsp. paprika
- 1 Tbs. butter or margarine, melted
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 1 1/4 lbs. total)
- 2/3 c. reduced-fat milk
- 2 Tbs all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp. instant chicken bouillion granules
- In a small bowl stir together the bread crumbs, 2 tsp of fresh basil or 1/2 tsp. of dried basil, the pepper, and paprika. Add melted butter; toss to coat.
- Arrange chicken in a 2-qt. rectangular backing dish. Sprinkle chicken peices with the crumb mixture, pressing onto the chicken to coat. Bake at 400F for 20 to 25mins or until no longer pink
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepace stir milk, flour, bouillion granules and remaining dried herb (if using) until combined. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 1 min. more. Stir in remaining fresh herb (if using). Server over chicke.
Nutrition Facts per serving:
145 cal, 5g total fat (3g sat fat), 19mg chol, 399mg sodum, 20g carbo, 2g fiber, 7g pro.
4% vit A, 32% vit C, 7% calcium, 8% iron
1 1/2 starch, 1/2 meat